New Product: Parker's icountBSplus
Motion and control technology specialists, Parker Hannifin, recently introduced the compact, icountBSplus. The icountBSplus is a fully contained, portable bottle sampling system that uses laser particle counting technology to ensure fast and accurate detection of contamination in hydraulic oils and hydrocarbon fuels.
The icountBSplus is designed to help improve the reliability, productivity and profitability of key equipment and processes. It is CE compliant and fully accredited to all particle-counting standards. Its portability and ease of use enables it to be used for portable contamination testing in a wide range of industry sectors including marine and oil and gas.
The laser particle counting technology and user interface can deliver results in as little as 15 seconds. A front-loading sample bottle chamber provides a controlled environment where every sample is degassed using suppressed, clean air prior to delivery to the measurement cell via a fixed displacement pumping system. This helps eliminate many of the variables associated with traditional methods of contamination monitoring. An integrated relative humidity moisture sensor reports on the water content in the sample being tested. An additional sensor provides accurate temperature monitoring while an external fluid supply adaptor facilitates sampling from a hydraulic pressure line.
A high-resolution touch-screen makes setup quick and simple with the ability to control the stylus and set test parameters.
(As published in the May 2013 edition of Maritime Reporter & Engineering News - www.marinelink.com)
Other stories from May 2013 issue
- New Scripps RV Honors Sally Ride page: 10
- Escort Tugs in San Francisco Bay page: 12
- Jumping Off the Fiscal Cliff? page: 14
- Rebuilding the Presumption of Preemption page: 18
- Get on Board with Shipyard Electrical Safety page: 20
- Crew System Integration on RHIBs and High Speed Craft page: 22
- BWT CASE STUDY: Hyde, PG & OSVs page: 30
- Bergen: A Unique Maritime Environment page: 32
- Unconventional Wisdom from Dolphin Geophysical CEO page: 36
- Grieg Star & DNV’s Crane Collaboration page: 38
- NES Powers Up in Competitive Market page: 39
- Atlantic Offshore and Ocean Response page: 39
- A Billion to One Shot page: 40
- Rolls-Royce has a Gas with Bergen Engines page: 41
- Açu Superport: A Modern Port Concept for Brazil page: 42
- Volvo Penta Targets Marine for Growth page: 46
- Realistic Engine Simulation page: 48
- In Big Ship Fuel Economy, Finances Trump Regulation page: 54
- Portable Oil Analysis Instruments page: 56
- Reusable Oil Filter Technology page: 58
- New Product: Parker's icountBSplus page: 59
- LNG Tech on tap at Europort 2013 page: 60
- Control Systems on LCC 20 Saves Fuel, Reduces Workload page: 71
- Titan Refloats Grounded Vessel page: 72