American Welding Society Announces Spring Welding Education Seminar Series
The American Welding Society has announced that its spring 1988 Welding Education Seminar Series of six seminars will be presented between January 11, 1988 and April 8,1988, in 16 cities around the country.
In addition, four special Seminar/ Certified Welding Inspector Testing Events have been announced.
The topics in the Welding Education Seminar Series are: AWS Dl.l Steel Code Clinic; Welding Inspection Technology Seminar; Practical Inspection Clinic; Welding Structural Design; Maintenance and Repair Welding; and Welding and Cutting Processes.
Locations for these seminars are: Albuquerque, N.M.; Dallas; Atlanta; Houston; San Francisco; Charlotte, N.C.; Tampa, Fla.; Washington, D.C.; Denver; Schenectady, N.Y.; Portland, Ore.; Providence, R.I.; Somerset, N.J.; Salt Lake City; Cleveland; and Chicago.
The Special Seminar/CWI Testing Events will be held in San Diego, New Orleans, Atlantic City, N.J., and Phoenix in May 1988. Applications are due by April 4, 1988.
Complete schedules as well as registration and accommodations information are available from the Education Department, American Welding Society, 550 N.W. LeJeune Road, P.O. Box 351040, Miami, Fla.
33135. Phone: '(305) 443-9353 or 1 (800) 443-9353. In Florida, call 1 (800) 423-9353.
Other stories from February 1988 issue
- Almerico to Manage Trinity's Mississippi Shipbuilding Operations page: 5
- New Swagelok Tube Fittings Incorporate Sanitary Flanges page: 5
- Mitsubishi's High-Speed Passenger Boat Promises New Era In Smooth Sailing page: 6
- New Emergency Marker Lights Described In Color Brochure From American Cyanamid Co. page: 6
- New Products From Furuno: Advanced FAP-50 Autopilot, And Weatherfax xWith A Twist' page: 8
- Canadian Shipbuilding And Ship Repairing Association (CSSRA) Becomes CMIA page: 9
- Cruise Ship Industry Spurs Construction in Italian Yards page: 10
- Fincantieri Converting Six Ferries Under $74.4-Million Contract page: 10
- Major U.S. Shipping Companies Form New Industry Association page: 11
- Aluminum Boats Constructing 138-Foot Detroit Diesel-Powered Luxury Dinner/Cruise Vessel page: 11
- Free N ew Color Brochure Features Dampa Products page: 11
- U.S. Opens Port Of Coos Bay To Polish Ship Repairs page: 12
- American Welding Society Announces Spring Welding Education Seminar Series page: 12
- Video Describes Port Design Process And Use Of Simulation page: 13
- Hagglunds To Acquire Dutch Crane Group page: 14
- 5 Canadian Consortiums Contend For $5-Billion Domestic Sub Project page: 15
- Ceramic Coatings Approved By ABS For Diesel Engine Use page: 15
- 7th International Symposium Offshore Mechanics And Arctic Engineering page: 16
- Marine coatings & corrosion control page: 20
- Grow Group, Inc. Announces Personnel Changes page: 24
- Converted Detroit Diesel-Powered Crewboat Includes Airliner Features For Passengers, Cargo page: 25
- Kim Hotstart Pre-Heating Systems Shrink Engine Idling Costs page: 25
- Robertson Autopilot Wins NMEA Honors page: 26
- FULL FUNDING FOR TWO NEW CARRIERS GIVES NAVY 46% INCREASE FOR SHIPBUILDING page: 29
- NAVY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT page: 39
- Southern California Sections Of American Society Of Naval Engineers To Hold Centennial Symposium page: 40
- Navy Plans To Develop ASW Minisubmarine Fleet At Cost Of $5 Billion page: 40
- Navy Shiphandling Simulator Training Expanded page: 41
- $25-Million Navy Order For Caterpillar Generators Announced By H.O. Penn page: 41
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 42
- Navy Secretary Webb Guest Speaker At Joint Meeting Of Propeller Club-U.S.M.M.A. Alumni page: 42
- Ingalls Awarded Navy Contract Worth $378.7 Million To Build Third LHD Ship page: 44
- Bird-Johnson Promotes Ike L. Svensson To GM-Seattle Operations page: 47
- MAN GHH Merges Crane Subsidiaries page: 50
- Fjellstrand Delivers New Design, High-Speed 200-Passenger Ferry page: 51
- Si-Tex Offers Budget Radiotelephone; Reintroduces EZ-7 Loran-C Receiver page: 51
- American Bureau Of Shipping— A 'Class Act' For Over 125 Years page: 52
- Raytheon Introduces New R61 Rasterscan Radar page: 54
- Cummins-Powered 'Traktor Jet' Gives Workboats Unprecedented Thrust page: 54
- Cummins Announces Availability Of New XA' Series Diesel Engines page: 55
- Westmark Completes Acquisition Of Tracor page: 55
- Furuno Introduces New High Resolution Color Radar page: 56
- McDermott Joint Venture Awarded Contract Worth More Than $100 Million page: 56
- New Container Liner Bags Cut Liquid Carriage Costs page: 56
- Bender Posts Successful Recovery From Chapter 11 page: 57
- Spar Associates Awarded Systems Contract By Halifax-Dartmouth page: 61
- Free Brochure On Marine Technical Services Offered By Clyde Leavitt, Inc. page: 62
- EES Corporation Offers Brochure On 'Omnipure' Sewage Treatment Plants page: 62
- Wartsila Diesel Presents A New Auxiliary Engine, The Vasa 2 2 / 26 page: 69