O'Boyle Firm Appointed Exclusive U.S. Agent For Astilleros Espanoles
Don Juan Trujillano, commercial director of Astilleros Espanoles, the largest group of Spanish shipyards comprising major facilities at Cadiz, Santander, Bilbao, Sestao, and elsewhere, recently announced the appointment of Richard F. O'Boyle, Inc. of New York City and Aberdeen, N.J. as its exclusive agent in the United States. Richard O'Boyle, president of the firm, stated recently in an interview that it showed Astilleros' commitment to the U.S.
market, and pledged to renew the emphasis of the Spanish group on this area.
The Spanish shipyards, especially the facilities near Cadiz, are engaged in major conversion work such as that completed recently on the Sibig Venture, a VLCC converted to a heavy-lift, submersible vessel; large offshore barges for customers such as McDermott; major repairs for international owners; as well as routine drydocking for hundreds of clients around the world. The four drydocks at ASEA-Cadiz can handle ships up to 380 meters long and 66.6 meters wide (1,246.7 by 218.5 feet).
The O'Boyle firm now represents ship repair organizations located in nine countries around the world. Mr. O'Boyle has been involved in marine sales work for more than 15 years. He is an engineering graduate of the U.S.
Merchant Marine Academy, a member of SNAME, and was recently elected a director of the The Society of Marine Port Engineers New York.
Other stories from January 15, 1984 issue
- Brown & Root Inc. Forms Joint Venture In Holland With Two Dutch Companies page: 5
- Bethlehem Steel Signs Licensing Agreement For Tension Moored Platforms page: 5
- New Bath Iron Works Repair Facility Opens In Portland page: 6
- Penske G M Power Head Discusses Service Support For Maritime Industry page: 6
- Jacobson Delivers Shipdocking Tug 'Chessie' To Chessie System page: 10
- Latest Europort Exhibition A "Resounding Success" page: 10
- Carmen Guide Appointed President Of Lake Shore —Malsack Named Chairman page: 12
- Mobile Marine Introduces Advanced-Design Workboat page: 12
- Financing Completed For U.S. Lines Containerships Building At Daewoo Yard page: 13
- Navidyne Unveils New INMARSAT Ship Terminal —Literature Available page: 13
- Indikon Introduces New Web Deflection Indicator —Literature Available page: 14
- T C S Industrial Appointed Distributor for NABRICO —Literature Available page: 14
- Joint SNAME, IME And NYPE Meeting Discusses Use of Inexpensive Fuels page: 16
- Michigan Wheel Awarded Navy Contract For Carrier And Oiler Propellers page: 18
- Seaworthy Engine Systems Shortens Corporate Name page: 18
- Joel Alper Appointed President Of COMSAT World Systems Division page: 18
- REDUCING FUEL COSTS First In a Series-Propulsion Equipment page: 20
- Esercizio Cantieri Launches Tug/Supply Vessel Of New Design page: 41
- NASSCO Begins Conversion Of First Maritime Pre-Positioning RO/RO page: 41
- New Marine Autopilots Introduced By Racal —Literature Available page: 42
- Steam Plant Optimization Topic At New York Port Engineers Meeting page: 42
- BIW Chief Engineer Addresses Northern New England ASNE page: 45
- Lifeboat Quick-Drop System Unveiled By SeaTek And MCR page: 45
- Scholarship For Panamanian Students At Kings Point Funded by Justin Bonanno page: 50
- O'Boyle Firm Appointed Exclusive U.S. Agent For Astilleros Espanoles page: 51