Marpol/Solas Compliance Subject Of 60-Page Book Offered By Intertanko
Guidance for owners on compliance with the International Convention for the Prevention of Marine Polution (MARPOL), 1973/78, which enters into force October 2, 1983, has been issued by the International Association of Independent Tanker Owners (Intertanko).
This new guide—also covering SOLAS 1978—deals with requirements for upgrading existing tankers. In addition, it examines the impact on operational procedures and reviews commercial implications.
While some tanker owners may have postponed preparations for compliance, Intertanko also points out that some Administrations also seem to have started rather late in establishing new approval/certification procedures.
Questions raised in order to achieve compliance are explained in the guide. These include: Crude oil washing; Inert gas systems; Oily water monitoring; Port state control; Reception facilities; Commercial considerations, and others.
Copies of the guide, "1983—the Year of Implementation—MARPOL/ SOLAS," are available from: Intertanko, PO Box 1452 Vika.
Radhusgaten 25. Oslo 1. Norway.
Telephone: (472) 41 60 80; Telex: 19751 ITANK N.
Other stories from December 15, 1983 issue
- Upgraded Facilities Dedicated At Newfoundland Dockyard page: 6
- Raytheon Marine Names John Scott Marketing And Sales Manager, Europe page: 7
- Texas Instruments Offers Platinum-Clad Anodes For Corrosion Protection —Literature Available page: 7
- Carrington Delivers The Blackburn Cove page: 8
- Report On Navy Market Available From IMA page: 8
- Los Angeles SNAME Discusses Offshore Problems And Solutions page: 8
- New Data Sheet Analyzing Combustion Efficiency Available From Howe-Baker page: 9
- MacGregor-Navire Cargo Access Equipment Ordered For Blue Star Reefers page: 9
- Jacobs Joins Contromatics In Marketing/Sales Position page: 10
- Malcomson Named Manager Of Manufacturing For Raytheon And Sorensen page: 10
- MSC Awards $200 Million In Contracts For Four More SL-7 Conversions page: 12
- Aqua-Chem Introduces New Plate-Type Evaporator —Literature Available page: 13
- Wesmar Sonar Effective In Shallow-Water Operations —Literature Available page: 13
- Frigate De Wert (FFG-45) Delivered Early By Bath Iron Works page: 14
- Navy Rescue/Salvage Vessel Launched At Peterson Builders page: 15
- Jackup Rig For West Africa Launched At Promet Yard page: 18
- Work Progressing On USS Kalamazoo Overhaul At Hoboken Shipyards page: 18
- The 91st SNAME Annual Meeting A Special Post-Meeting And Exposition Report page: 20
- Navy Extends Contracts With COMSAT General For Use Of MARISAT page: 27
- Kockums Profit Continues With Backlog of Orders Worth SEK 4,700 Million page: 28
- Marpol/Solas Compliance Subject Of 60-Page Book Offered By Intertanko page: 28
- Harland & Wolff To Build And Market Friendship Multi-Purpose Cargo Ship page: 28
- Maritime Protection Unveils New Nitrogen Generator— Literature Available page: 29
- $30-Million Navy Contract On Landing Craft Awarded To Bell Aerospace Textron page: 30
- First Of Sulzer's New RTA Engine Series Powers Mitsubishi-Built Bulker page: 30
- American-Standard Opens New Jersey Repair Plant —Literature Available page: 31
- Gladding-Hearn Delivers Two Launches To Virginia Pilots page: 34
- Newfoundland's Windsor Cites $93 Million In New Projects page: 34
- Nylands Expands Its Diesel Spares Operations —New Catalog Available page: 35
- Newport News Shipbuilding Delivers Attack Submarine Buffalo (SSN-715) page: 36
- AOTOS Award Recipient Mario Biaggi Urges Maritime Unity page: 36
- Crane Packing Offers Brochure On New Metal Bellows Pump Shaft Seal page: 37
- Novel Hagglunds Cranes Retrofitted On Cargo Ship Built In Shanghai page: 37
- IMO Expands Its Line Of Geared Twin-Screw Pumps —Literature Available page: 38
- New Navidyne Option Reports Ship's Position In Response To Telex Call page: 38
- Epton Completes Order For Canada's Largest Marine Fenders page: 39
- Philadelphia Gear Licensed To Manufacture I Hi's Duckpeller page: 39
- Daewoo Delivers Second $80-Million Pacesetter Rig To Santa Fe Drilling page: 40
- WESMAR Presents Stability Computer To 'President Lincoln' —Literature Available page: 40
- McDermott Shipyards To Build Inter-Island Barge For Matson page: 41
- New Tunnel Thruster Model Introduced By Omnithruster page: 50
- Bell Aerospace Awarded Navy Contract For Final Phase Of Minesweeper Hunter Design page: 50