Name Capt. Patterson To Kings Point Post
The appointment of Capt.
Thomas J. Patterson Jr., as deputy superintendent of the U.S.
Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, N.Y., has been announced by Adm. Harold E. Shear, (USNret.), Maritime Administrator.
Mr. Patterson is a graduate of the academy.
In his new position, he will hold the rank of Commodore, U.S.
Maritime Service (USMS), and report to the superintendent, Rear Adm. Thomas A. King, USMS. He replaces Commodore Howard F. Casey, who retired at the end of February.
Since 1970, Mr. Patterson has been MarAd's Western region director.
Operating from regional headquarters in San Francisco, he has been responsible for Mar- Ad programs in 15 western states, including Alaska and Hawaii.
Mr. Patterson joined Mar Ad in 1962, and held posts involving ship operations before his appointment to head the agency's regional office.
A deck officer with Keystone Shipping during and after World War II, Mr. Patterson holds a ship master's license. He was commissioned as ensign in the U.S. Navy in 1944. He served on active duty with the Navy from 1950-1957, including command at sea.
Other stories from January 4, 1982 issue
- Van der Mark Changes Name To Diesel Marine page: 5
- Halter To Build Two Tug/Supply Vessels For Petromar Offshore page: 5
- ASNE-Delaware Valley Tours Computer-Aided Design Facility at Lehigh page: 6
- Navidyne Names Jones Marketing Vice President page: 6
- Elect Stanley Kowleski New President Of IMTA page: 6
- British Shipbuilders Introduces New Semisub Drilling Rig page: 9
- Plant, Munroe Establish Naval Architectural And Marine Consulting Firm page: 9
- China To Build Nine Supply Vessels For Singapore Owners page: 10
- John T. Gilbride Jr. Named "Man Of The Year" By Puget Sound Port Engineers page: 10
- Hydranautics Receives BOP Skidding Contract For Sedco 600, 601, 602 page: 10
- Tax Act Creates 'New Subsidy7 For Railroads page: 15
- Edward Peterson Named Vice President Of Sales At Dravo Mechling page: 16
- David Watson Appointed General Manager At Bethlehem, Sparrows Point page: 16
- ARAMCO Awards $125-Million Order For Four Self-Elevating Platforms page: 17
- Name Bruce Ball Ameroid Marine Product Manager page: 18
- New Solid-State Welding Control From Duraline —Literature Available page: 18
- Waterman Steamship Appoints George Hearn As Senior Vice President page: 18
- Halter And Zapata Sign Contract For Four Tug Supply Boats page: 19
- Bulk Carrier Launched At Italcantieri Yard page: 19
- $49-Million Gas Turbine Subcontract Awarded To AVCO Lycoming Stratford page: 26
- SNAME New England Section Hears Waste Heat Recovery Paper page: 26
- St. Louis Ship Opens New Propeller Shop page: 27
- Beth Steel's Hoboken Yard Converting Carrier Intrepid To Naval Museum page: 32
- Burton Delivers 224-Foot Seiner, Third Of Seven For Van Camp page: 32
- OTC-'82 SPECIAL PREVIEW page: 52
- New England Coal Trade Discussed At SNAME New England Section page: 85
- LTV Names W.J. Amoss Group Vice President page: 88
- Peterson Builders Awarded $70-Million Contract For Two ARS-50 Vessels page: 88
- Name Capt. Patterson To Kings Point Post page: 88
- Appoint Schwartz Manager At Raytheon's VTS And Harbor Radar Group page: 89
- Petrocon Starts Global Marine Fuel Oil Analysis Service — Offer Brochure page: 89
- LOOP Fits Three Vessels With Oil Spill Recovery Units By Offshore Devices page: 96
- McDermott Board Elects Ellis Vice President Of Government Operations page: 96
- Nautilus Offers New Crane And Equipment Brochure page: 96
- Panama Sponsors Maritime Symposium Sept. 20-22 page: 97
- Campbell Industries Christens 221-Foot Tuna Seiner For InterOcean page: 98
- SMM '82 Marine Exhibit And Conference Set For Sept. 28-Oct. 2 In Hamburg page: 99
- APL Dedicates New Seattle Terminal page: 99
- Raytheon Marine Appoints Hayden To Florida Post page: 100
- Curacao Yard Completes Repairs To Offshore Rig page: 100
- Pennsylvania Shipbuilding Names Principal Officers page: 100
- Halter Delivers Two New Crewboats To Command Marine, Inc. page: 101
- $7.8-Million Hose System Order To Uniroyal —Literature Available page: 105
- Seaworthy Engine Systems Names Wilson To VP Post page: 105
- Tidewater Equipment Delivers 340-Foot Covered Hopper Barge 'Loveland 340V page: 112
- Halter Delivers Raised Pilothouse Tug To Bouchard Transportation page: 116
- NASSCO Hosts Workshop On Computerized Cost Estimating For Shipbuilding page: 118