Name John Malagraph General Manager Of Advanced Marine In N.Y.
Advanced Marine Enterprises Inc. recently announced the appointment of John A. Malagraph as general manager of their newly opened New York office, located at 170 Broadway.
Prior to joining Advanced Marine Enterprises Inc., Mr. Malagraph spent 12 years with Designers & Planners Inc. (formerly a subsidiary of Todd Shipyards), holding various management positions, including treasurer.
Advanced Marine's New York office joins the other highly successful naval architecture, management science, and marine and ocean engineering offices located at Arlington and Virginia Beach, Va., San Diego, Calif., and Philadelphia, Pa.
Since the start of its operations in mid-1981, the New York office has successfully completed jobs f o r Barge Music, Ltd.; Braswell Shipyards, Inc.; Department of Marine & Aviation, City of New York; and Marine Design & Operations. With this modest beginning, supported by the large resources of the other divisions, the New York office is expected to be self sustaining within one year.
Advanced Marine is currently serving the Naval Sea Systems Command; Military Sealift Command ; U.S. Coast Guard; and a number of major shipyards including Ingalls, General Dynamics, Quincy, and Norfolk Shipbuilding & Drydock Co. Advanced Marine's most recent award was the multiyear, multimillion-dollar engineering support contract with PMS-383 (NAVSEA Acquisition Manager f o r Auxiliary Ships).
Other stories from December 15, 1981 issue
- Veliotis Takes New Post With General Dynamics page: 4
- Sun Company, Levingston Sign Letter Of Intent For Pa. Shipyard Sale page: 6
- American Steamship Names D. Ward Fuller As Its Chief Operating Officer page: 6
- Maher Expands Container Facility, To Install First Paceco Transtainers In N.Y. page: 15
- Kvaerner, Oy Navire To Merge Shipbuilding, Equipment Capabilities page: 15
- Baldt Inc. Develops New Abrasion-Resistant Chain —Brochure Available page: 15
- Kaiser Engineers Awarded Service Contract For Trident Sub Facilities page: 16
- Gulf Oil Announces Exec Assignments For Corporation And Divisions page: 18
- Largest U.S.-Built Hopper Dredge Launched At Avondale Shipyards page: 22
- ASNE Flagship Section Hears Paper On Engineering Costs And Risks page: 22
- DredgeMasters To Acquire Aquamarine Corporation page: 24
- Advanced Marine To Design New Ferryboat page: 24
- Newfoundland's Ocean Cargo Services Seen Expanding With Coming Offshore Oil Boom page: 24
- Soviets Plan Nuclear Powered Merchant Ship, To Be Completed By 1984 page: 25
- Spanish Shipbuilders Assoc. Publishes New Brochure —Copies Available page: 26
- Name John Malagraph General Manager Of Advanced Marine In N.Y. page: 26
- Shell To Provide Bunkering Service At Port Of Mobile —Literature Available page: 27
- Appoint Hession President Of Koehring Clyde, Whirley Crane Producer page: 27
- Name Parks President Of Farrell Lines page: 27
- Todd-Seattle Sponsors Marine Diesel Seminar page: 28
- Norcontrol To Install $3-Million Vessel Traffic System —Literature Available page: 28
- SNAME page: 36
- Moss Rosenberg Verft Develops Energy-Saving LNG Carrier page: 41
- $2.1-Million Title XI Guarantee For Tanker IGS And COW Retrofit page: 41
- SNAME New York Hears Paper On Marine Gas Chemists page: 42
- Utility Vessel M/V Lamnalco Mallard Delivered To Kuwait Service By HUDSHIP page: 42
- SNAME-New England, ASNE Hear Rear Adm. Beecher On Battleship Reactivation page: 42
- Allis-Chalmers Receives $6-Million M u d Pump Order From Wilson page: 43
- $1 -Billion Lube Oil Refinery To Be Constructed In Saudi Arabia page: 43