Ryan-Walsh Appoints Three Corporate Officers
Recent board action of Ryan- Walsh Stevedoring Company, Inc., Mobile, Ala., elevated three management employees to corporate officers.
Billy W. Parks was named vice president-engineering, and Ross K. Drake and Bernard H. Greene Jr. were named assistant vice presidents.
Mr. Parks joined Ryan-Walsh in 1979 as corporate equipment manager, coming from a marine construction career beginning in 1955, and including posts as vice president and general manager of Galveston Shipbuilding Company; project engineer for offshore construction and shipyard estimator for J. Ray McDermott, Inc. of New Orleans; and manager, engineering and maintenance for RadclifT Materials, Inc.
Mr. Parks holds a B.S. degree from Auburn University in civil engineering.
Mr. Drake came to Ryan- Walsh's subsidiary Southern Steamship Agency, Inc. from the U.S. Navy's Military Sealift Command, Vietnam, in 1973, and was transferred to the parent company in 1976 as ship superintendent trainee and then administrative assistant. He is a graduate of the University of South Alabama (B.S. degree in history), and holds the rank of lieutenant in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
Mr. Greene, coming to the assistant vice presidency as an operational assistant, has a waterfront background with Ryan- Walsh beginning in 1969, and including the position of ship superintendent.
He is a 1967 graduate of Murphy High School and attended the University of South Alabama.
Other stories from December 15, 1980 issue
- MarAd Approves Title XI For Self-Unloader Costing $56.4 Million page: 4
- Newport News To Modify Five Exxon Tankers At Total Cost Of $100 Million page: 4
- Biospherics Receives USCG Certification For 'Oil Sentry' page: 6
- V.J. Lieggi Rejoins CDI Marine Company As San Diego Office Manager page: 7
- 1980 ABS Rules For Steel River And Intracoastal Vessels Now Available page: 7
- HUDSHIP Delivers 112-Foot Lamnalco Merlin page: 10
- Southern Natural And IOT Sign Interstate Purchase Agreement page: 12
- Riverway Shipyard Completes Rebuilding Of M/V Glen-Karen page: 12
- 88th Annual Meeting page: 14
- Press Group Awarded Major Platform Contracts page: 20
- J.P. Ducich Appointed Operations Director At Bultema Marine page: 20
- Sixteen Key Appointments Announced At Bath Iron page: 22
- Kelly To Succeed Watkin As Head Of Delaware River Port Authority page: 23
- $15-Million Contract For New Chemical Barge Awarded To GD-Quincy page: 23
- SNAME Northern California Hears Mini-OTEC Paper page: 24
- Parmater Named President Bultema Dock & Dredge And LaCrosse Dredging page: 24
- NASSCO Launches The S/S Blue Ridge- First Of Three For West Coast Shipping page: 26
- Ryan-Walsh Appoints Three Corporate Officers page: 28
- SMR Introduces Inexpensive SSB Radio —Literature Available page: 30
- Hitachi Zosen To Build Its First Semisubmersible Rig For U.S. Company page: 32
- Omnithruster And Marteco Enter Agreement For European Representation page: 33
- Garlock Releases New Version Of Expansion Joint Manual page: 33
- TANO Wins Contracts Worth $10.7 Million For Vessel Automation Systems page: 36
- First Of Two Tugs To Sembawang Towing— More To Be Ordered page: 36
- Double-Skin Fuel Barge Delivered By Riverway Yard page: 38
- Twin Disc Announces Two New Transmissions —Literature Available page: 40
- P.J. Wright Joins Alliance Marine As VP Sales-Marketing page: 40
- New Shipboard Fuel Blending Unit From IMO Pump Division page: 41
- SNAME San Diego Section Hears About Alternative Fuels page: 42
- Sperry Gets $2 Million In Orders For Collision Avoidance Systems page: 43
- High-Speed Pilot Boat Delivered By Gladding-Hearn page: 43
- Special And Unique Tugs page: 44
- Crowley's Construction Operations In Alaska Are Reorganized page: 50
- CDI Marine Opens D.C. Office—Names Hunley Manager page: 50
- $5.3-Million Navy Support Contract Awarded To Tracor page: 50
- Underwater Maintenance Gets Order To Equip All Conoco Tankers page: 51
- W.D. Wheeler Associates Appointed U.S. Agents For Astilleros Del Golfo page: 51
- Philip Bannan Named A Division Manager At Western Gear Corp page: 51
- FMC Lays Keel For 400-Foot Crowley Maritime Tank Barge page: 66
- MarAd Approves Title XI For Two Tankers Costing $129 Million page: 66
- Patti Industries Has Contract To Build Two 65' Tugs For Cheramie page: 66
- J.W. Steadman Named VP-Production For Halter Marine page: 66