FMD Appoints Sanchez To Direct Field Operations
J. Angus Maclnnes, vice president/ program manager of Frigitemp Marine Division, has announced the appointment of Joseph A. Sanchez as director of field operations for FMD for joiner work on two major naval contracts with Ingalls Shipbuilding Division of Litton Industries.
Mr. Sanchez, a Pascagoula resident, comes to FMD with over 30 years' shipyard experience, including 22 years with Ingalls where he held key production positions, particularly in the area of outfitting.
Mr. Sanchez was director of outfitting for Ingalls when he retired in mid-1973, and was immediately retained hy Ingalls as a special consultant to the operations directorate.
He also held the positions of works manager and operations director with Ingalls.
Mr. Maclnnes said : " W e at Frigitemp are particularly pleased to have been a'ble to obtain the services of a man with the experience, know-how and accomplishments of Mr. Sanchez. W e have a major task ahead of us at Ingalls, and Mr.
Sanchez will be invaluable in helping us to accomplish our goals." FMD, a division of Frigitemp 'Corporation of New York, has multimillion contracts for joiner work on five 820-foot amphibious assault ships, and 30 destroyers of a new class being built at Pascagoula by Ingalls for the Navy.
Other stories from February 15, 1974 issue
- NASSCO Launches Largest Vessel Ever Built On West Coast page: 7
- Walter Thorsen, Inc. Named Exclusive Rep For Eleusis Shipyards page: 8
- Oceans International Announces Merger And Expansion Plans page: 10
- McAllister Orders Three 4,290-Hp Tugs page: 11
- Bethlehem Begins Construction On 265,000-Dwt Tanker —Largest Vessel Built In The United States page: 12
- Arthur Levy Boat Service Announces New Appointments For Thomas And LeBlanc page: 12
- Todd President Sees U.S. Shipbuilders Improving Competitive Position page: 14
- Society Of Marine Port Engineers N.Y. Discuss Care Of Turbine And Hydraulic Oil Systems page: 14
- Harwich Tonnage, Inc. Formed In California page: 15
- K.W. Waldorf Named To New Zapata Post page: 15
- Bigger, Bigger . . . Bigger page: 18
- USMMA At Kings Point To Admit Women page: 19
- Storm Awards Contract To Bethlehem Beaumont Shipyard For Offshore Drilling Rig page: 20
- NASSCO Expanding Facilities To Build 150,000-Ton Tankers page: 20
- SNAME N.Y. Metropolitan Section Hears Technical Paper On 'New Approach To The Ship Hull Characteristics Problem' page: 21
- ASNE Annual Meeting Set For May 2-3 In Washington, D.C. page: 21
- Thomas B. Crowley Elected President At Western Shipbuilding Ass'n Annual Meeting page: 24
- FMD Appoints Sanchez To Direct Field Operations page: 25
- Alco Engines Names Comeng Holdings Ltd. Australian Licensee page: 25
- Friede & Goldman Inc. Design Zapata Rigs Building At Avondale page: 28
- Sea Trials And Launching Ceremonies Held For AMOCO Tankers At Astilleros Espanoles page: 28
- Ametco Shipping Elects J.E. Hundt President page: 29
- World Dredging Ass'n New Midwest Chapter To Meet February 28 page: 29
- L. Arthur Strenkert Named Sales Manager Smit Nymegen Corp. page: 31
- Magnavox Announces Offshore Drill Rig Positioning System page: 31
- Paper On Water jet Propulsion Discussed During SNAME Philadelphia Section Meeting page: 32
- Worthington Service Corp. Names Budrick And lennings page: 33
- Zapata Corporation Reports Record Results page: 33
- Drew Chemical Names Rogers Managing Director New So. Africa Subsidiary page: 33
- Luckenbach To Build New Tampa Terminal page: 33
- SNAME Players Perform At Pacific Northwest Section's 27th Annual Fall Meeting page: 33
- David O'Neil To Head New Firm Of Marine Propulsion Consultants page: 34
- Liberian Services —Consulting Firm Elects Wiswall Pres. page: 35
- Diamond M Orders Two Jackup Rigs And A Semisubmersible page: 35
- Management Changes At Dearborn-Storm page: 36
- Tanker Management Firm Promotes Nichols page: 36
- Raytheon Company Submarine Signal Div. Appoints R.G. Popovici page: 38
- Berwind Lines Names Bericochea Exec. VP page: 38